Saturday, March 14, 2009

Camera Critters: Honest Scrap From Mia and Siren

My friend Lisa of VILLAS GIRL PHOTOS and her merry band of furkids gave Mia and Siren the Honest Scrap Award.



As part of accepting the award Mia and Siren need to post 10 honest things about themselves. Of course they got into an argument about who should post but I stepped in and told them they had to share the spotlight. Treats were offered and they agreed.

1> As hard as our person tried to introduce us to each other we really do not want to be friends



2> We both really hate being groomed. She tries everything. These groomer gloves are cozy and delicious but no way will we sit still for grooming. Hair was meant to be swallowed and thrown up, preferably into shoes and on carpets.




3> Siren – “When that other cat first got here I will admit I was curious. I swear I wasn’t going to do anything to her if I had managed to get that door open.”



4> Mia – “I love how nervous I make that punk. Look at him! Peeking out at me. I rule the hallway.”



5> Siren – “Oh please! She needs to get over herself. Talk to the tail. I’m not afraid of you, I’m just annoyed that you exist.”



6> Mia – “It’s hard to admit I’m a bit arthritic. The person put this box here to make it easier for me. I never did say thanks; at first I wouldn’t even use it.”



But …

“I really do appreciate it. And she never even said anything about how I scratched the bed frame and tore up the bedspread.”



7> Siren – “Sometime when I get a feel for the old days on the streets I get a little wild, aggressive even …



… the person put a screen door in the spare room for me so I can have a comfy time-out.”



8> Early in the morning when the person is in the shower we get together to plan the day. Thank goodness the person doesn’t know about this – she’d be there with that camera of hers.



9> We don’t do laps. We know that bothers the person. She’s such a hugger and cuddler. Sometimes we sit close, very close. It’s our way.



10> Wow! Blogging is harder than we thought. So much to share. It left us dizzy …



… and exhausted.



Thank You Lisa and Lovey and Mr. Handsome and Pretty Girl.

And don’t forget to check out all the CAMERA CRITTERS

24 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is a great post...I should do one of my two cats....

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia & Siren! You two really have personality. I was laughing through your whole post. Loved it. I'd take care of that person of yours and maybe surprise her once in a while with sitting on her lap. She has really done a lot for you two and loves you very much. Lisa

Tink *~*~* said...

"I'm just annoyed that you exist" LOL! I nearly fell out of my chair on that one :D

Happy Critturday!
Tink *~*~*

NOW PLAYING at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* :
My Top 5 FUNky Facts About Pelicans

Cherie said...

The poor babies. Life is so hard! I got one of those e-mails this week about cats that starts off, "Day 983 of my captivity..." LOL

bobbie said...

Mia and Siren, you both did a fine job. You'd better be nice to that person of yours! she's having a hard enough time, hobbling around on that ankle. She doesn't need you giving her a hard time too.

RA said...

Ow, this is such a wonderful post! So full of love, humor and great, great expressions. I wonder who was more talented Mia and Siren or the person. Anyhow, I think all of them are a perfect match... Even though Mia and Siren won't admit it ;). Best wishes.

ratmammy said...

so cute!!

Chubby Chieque said...

Nice shots! I can see the love between human and animals.

Hope you enjoy your time w/ them. How I wish to have pets but my hubby n me are fur allergics. That's sucks!

Enjoy!

i beati said...

Handsome is the name of my Him,alayan Great candid shots Sandy

katie eggeman said...

Great pictures on your blog. Can't find my cat and get her to sit still enough to take pictures since the dogs came. I can get some loving when the "other person" takes the dogs walking. Thanks for the visit.

Indrani said...

It was wonderful getting to know their world! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots! What a pair!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

How cool to share their day with us. They are really beautiful. Cats are so mysterious to me. I would love to have another, but not sure how our Shepherd would handle it.

Cece

GalleryJuana said...

Cute Story and photos! I really enjoyed hearing about Siren's and Mia's day.

Gattina said...

Hehehe ! what a very cute discussion and comments they had !
My old Lisa also has some arthritis and has difficulties to jump on a chair, but she insists ! N° 10 picture is wonderful ! what an expression in those big eyes !

Bruce said...

Thanks for sharing all those good secret cat thoughts with us and hope you have a great day:)

Heart of Rachel said...

I enjoyed reading this post and learning more about the adorable Mia and Siren.

EG CameraGirl said...

This post was such fun to read, Dianne. Wonderful!

Mimi said...

I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Linda said...

Part 2 of #6 and Part 1 of #10 are my very favorite pictures but they're all so cute and honest!

I love the "talk to the tail", too! So true when it comes to cats, so true!

Manz said...

I love it when people put together "stories in photos".

Part 4 and part 7b are my fave photos in the bunch. Great photos.

Unknown said...

It's a shame they won't get along. They are both beautiful! I love the shot of Siren peeking around the door frame.

Mel said...

This was just perfect! Love, love, LOVE the comment about hair being meant for throwing up in shoes and on the carpet. Amen!

Ages ago we brought a new kitten home to our 6 year old gray tiger, Garth. Garth did nothing but hiss, spit, swat at, and ignore Humphrey for THREE YEARS. Then, one day out of the corner of my eye I saw them playing together. It was surreal.

I will definitely be back!