Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's Gonna Be A Sunny Day

As I mentioned in a previous post I made a day trip to Philadelphia to meet my wonderful friend Ron  and to see my niece perform at the Walnut Street Theater as Lady Tiang in 'The King and I'


The sky was misbehavin' a bit as I approached the lovely Benjamin Franklin Bridge ...


Yet the skies were clear and blue just an hour later


My niece is Hope's Tita Gelli aka - Angelica and AuntAnaGela and many other nicknames. She is married to my DIL's brother but calling her my niece is just easier and I have been appointed an honorary Tita title anyway. She is an accomplished actress with a wonderful voice and a powerful stage presence and an exceptional air of magic all around her.

This photo comes from the theater site. Tita Gelli on stage with Anna, played by Rachel York.


The entire cast was exceptional. The sets and costumes were beautiful.

16 comments:

Ron said...

OUTSTANDING photos, Dianne!

Love the shot down Broad Street!!!!

"She is an accomplished actress with a wonderful voice and a powerful stage presence and an exceptional air of magic all around her."

You said it! Angelica was AMAZING!

And it was so nice to meet her!

It's funny, because one day last week while I was walking to work, I saw two of the actresses who were in the cast. I thought of you!

Thanks again for a great day!

I had a blast!

X ya!

Annie Bear said...

I love Philly! What a beautiful day. That is a great picture of the city hall! How fun to see your niece on stage!

Hilary said...

Awww what a great way to spend the day.. bloggie friends, family and good entertainment. Great photos, Dianne.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wow! She's beautiful and that musical is my all-time favorite anyway. How cool you got to see that and how neat that you are an honororay relatve.

Anonymous said...

Nice variety of blues. I think Philly has so many cool things to see and do, it often gets a bad rap. I need to plan a train ride soon!

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, that is an exciting day. Glad the skies cleared for you.

I am also glad you got to see the niece who came home from college too.

Cherie said...

How beautiful! :)

Cloudia said...

That shot on the BF bridge gave me a lump in my throat! what a fun post. Feel like I've been to the Theea-tah!


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

CrystalChick said...

Wonderful photos. Happy times. Glad you got to enjoy yourself.

Unknown said...

How wonderful, you must be very proud of your niece! Don't know how many times I've seen the King and I, starring with Yul Brunner.

magiceye said...

lovely captures!!

Patti said...

Live theater is always wonderful, and seeing someone you know out there showing off her talent must have made it even more enjoyable!

What fun!

I saw Yul Brynner in one of his last performances as the King. A friend is a theater nut and got us tickets. I think it was around 1984-ish. I'd have to look it up.

I've been on that bridge. ;-) Nice shot of it.

Love all the shades of blue you found.

jabblog said...

How lovely - what an enchanting evening for you all:-)

Kay Dennison said...

Absolutely lovely!!! It's one of my favorite musicals!!!!!

Kay L. Davies said...

How wonderful! I love the second photo, but of course the one of the stage will stay in your mind forever.

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh WOW! I wonder if Hope has inherited her aunt's talent!