Sunday, January 20, 2013

Survivor



"She's beautiful isn't she?" the elderly woman asks me as her dog plops down on my foot. "I think she survived because she's short" she continues with a chuckle. I ask her if her home is OK and she tells me it is - "just some water in the basement and my son pumped it out right away." 

"Let me see the pictures you took." I pull up my first shot of the morning and hand her the camera. She studies each one, nodding and smiling. "I like this one the best" she tells me handing the camera back with this photo on the screen. "You should show that one to people, there's still beauty around here - it's not all heartache." I tell her I will and give her a hug. 


18 comments:

Marg said...

That is such a nice post. I love that nice exchange. And I agree, that is a great picture.Hope the dog didn't hurt your foot. Too funny. Take care and have a great Sunday

Gail Dixon said...

What a sweet conversation. I'm glad she encouraged you to share this pic. It really is beautiful.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

Your lovely picture and beautiful story touched my heartstrings and made them sing. Thank you!

And there is always Hope!

Sylvia K said...

A lovely and very moving post for the day, Dianne! And, yes, indeed, there is always Hope and much love to you both!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, bless you both. touched my heart and filled my eyes.

Ron said...

"You should show that one to people, there's still beauty around here - it's not all heartache."

What a touching post, lady Dianne!

And what a stunning shot, both visually and emotionally.

You can 'feel' this photo.

X

Mike said...

I looks like the ocean should be right on the other side of the hill.

Annie Bear said...

Lovely, Dianne! Thank you so much for sharing this!

Leave It To Davis said...

Did the dog really poop ON your foot? And you still stood there and talked to her and showed her your camera? YOU ARE A NICE PERSON!!! I don't know what I would have done, but I don't think I would have just stood there and acted normal...and I have 3 dogs...remarkable you are!

Cezar and Léia said...

She is right, this picture is beautiful! :)
How nice to meet nice people, by chance, on the street!
Léia

eViL pOp TaRt said...

That picture is wonderful! Too see such beauty....

EG CameraGirl said...

I agree that it's beautiful.

Daryl said...

a perfect post and an excellent photo

Kathy said...

And she was absolutely right. This is a beautiful shot.

betty-NZ said...

What a great story. Yep, she was right.

Rambling Woods said...

This brought tears to my eyes...

CrystalChick said...

That is a beautiful picture and story to go with it.
Thank you for sharing it, Dianne!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You say more in a few words than anyone I know. Love this!